Activity First Aid Training (2 days)
Our Activity First Aid training course is designed to empower individuals with first aid knowledge and skills to attend to any accident or illness that a person may have whilst participating in activities and in particular in the outside or remote areas. The outdoor environment nearly always means that any casualty will need to be looked after for a longer timescale than is typical in more urban settings.
What are the benefits of Activity First Aid training and who should attend?
Our Activity First Aid training course provides the appropriate skills to manage an incident in a remote location, where emergency medical assistance could be hours away or where accidents are more likely as a result of activities such as sports, walking, hiking and physical exercises. This course is ideal for people who have responsibility for taking groups of people on activity outings such as outdoor walks or bike rides, and in particular for members and leaders of activity and youth groups. Click here to download the Activity First Aid Brochure.
Learning Outcomes for our Activity First Aid training course
By the end of our Activity First Aid course the attendees will be able to:
- Define their role as an emergency first aider, and how to communicate effectively when dealing with a casualty, whilst minimising risks to themselves and others.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding
- Describe signs, symptoms and how to treat any casualty suffering from meningitis, poisoning, seizures and stroke
- Detail how to deal with fainting, bites, stings, sprains, strains and other bone, muscle and joint injuries.
- Identify first aid equipment and how to use it
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) using a mannequin doll
Course attendees will be provided with an Activity First Aid training certificate valid for 3 years. For those organisations who require First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work our company is also approved to deliver this these first aid courses.
How can we help your organisation with First Aid Courses
All the first aid courses that we deliver are fully approved. We can deliver the training at your place of work or can arrange for a suitable training location. Our first aid courses meet the requirements of UK HSE and we are an approved centre having met all the requirements in regards to our instructors, course materials and operational processes.
We have an established Customer Charter and Quality Assurance program. These ensure that all our customers receive the highest levels of customer service, quality first aid training and fees that offer cost effectiveness and value.
For further enquiries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices on 08700 672 757.