This new QCF qualification is ideal for those already working or preparing to work within industry wishing to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Topics covered include: the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider; assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness, chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis. The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration.
All successful students will be issued with a First Aid at Work Certificate, along with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualification which is valid for a period of 3 years.
Who should attend a First Aid at Work training course?
Having qualified first aiders in the workplace is a requirement of employers and a good practise that can result in life saving actions. The topics covered on our three day First Aid at Work course are regarded as important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of ill health in the workplace.
Learning Outcomes for First Aid at Work Training
By the end of the training session the course delegates will be able to:
- Define their role as an emergency first aider.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Identify the need of establishing consent to provide first aid.
- Complete an accident report form.
- Identify first aid equipment that should be available in the workplace.
- Describe the safe use of first aid equipment.
- Conduct a scene survey, a primary casualty assessment and call for help.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness, open a casualty’s airway and check breathing.
- Explain the importance of the recovery position.
- Demonstrate how to place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position.
- Manage a casualty who is having a seizure.
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) using a manikin.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway.
- Identify types of external bleeding and how to control bleeding.
- Recognise shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Administer first aid to casualties with cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters.
- Identify the information to be collected when gathering a casualty history.
- Conduct a head to toe survey.Recognise and administer first aid for fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains.
- Recognise and administer first aid for concussion, skull fracture, cerebral compression and spinal injury.
- Recognise and administer first aid for different types of chest injuries.
- Recognise the factors that affect severity of burns and administer first aid for burns involving dry heat, wet heat, electricity and chemicals.
- Give examples of eye injuries and administer first aid for eye injuries involving dust, chemicals and embedded objects.
- Identify the routes that poisons can take to enter the body and administer first aid for those affected by sudden poisoning.
- Identify common triggers for anaphylaxis, recognise and administer first aid for casualty suffering from anaphylaxis.
- Recognise and administer first aid for major illnesses including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes.
All course attendees will be provided with a Level 3 Award First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.which can be renewed by attending our Level 3 Award First Aid at Work Requalification course. For those staff members who only require Emergency First Aid at Work our company is also approved to deliver this one day first aid course.
How can we help with our First Aid Courses
Our approved first aid training courses can be delivered at your own place of work or at a location suitable to you. Our first aid courses meet the requirements of UK HSE and we are an approved centre to issue Level 2 and Level 3 Awards in First Aid, having met all the requirements in regards to our instructors, course materials and operational processes.
Our established Customer Charter and Quality Assurance programmes are designed to ensure that if you need first aid training our customer service, quality first aid training and fees will offer you cost effectiveness and value.
For further enquiries, please contact us on email@example.com or call our offices on 08700 672 757.