Emergency First Aid Training (1 day)
Our Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) is the latest new qualification for those wishing to become an Emergency First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the HSE Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Topics covered include: the roles and responsibilities of the Emergency First Aider, assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness and assisting a casualty who is suffering from injury and illness. The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration.
All successful students will be issued with an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, along with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualification which is valid for a period of 3 years.
Do your staff members need emergency first aid training?
Your risk assessment of first aid needs may well identify the need for emergency first aiders either as an addition to your first aiders, or where the risk of your business is low, it may well identify them as being sufficient. Emergency First Aid Training course brochure.
Learning Outcomes for Emergency First Aid at Work training course
By the end of the Emergency First Aid at Work Course the attendees will be able to:
- Define their role as an emergency first aider.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Identify the need of establishing consent to provide first aid.
- Complete an accident report form.
- Identify first aid equipment that should be available in the workplace.
- Describe the safe use of first aid equipment.
- Conduct a scene survey, a primary casualty assessment and call for help.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness, open a casualty’s airway and check breathing.
- Explain the importance of the recovery position.
- Demonstrate how to place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position.
- Manage a casualty who is having a seizure.
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) using a manikin.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway.
- Identify types of external bleeding and how to control bleeding.
- Recognise shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Administer first aid to casualties with cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters.
How can we help with our First Aid Courses
We deliver approved first aid courses at your place of work or can arrange for a suitable training location. Our first aid courses meet the requirements of UK HSE and we are an approved centre to issue Level 2 and Level 3 awards in First Aid having met all the requirements in regards to our instructors, course materials and operational processes.
Our established Customer Charter and Quality Assurance programmes are designed to ensure that if you need first aid training our customer service, quality first aid training and fees will offer you cost effectiveness and value.
For further enquiries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices on 0330 311 0757 (UK) / +44 330 311 0757 (Outside UK).